Recipe by anita tam
This is a recipe I found in a magazine. I modified a bit and add in the spice. It taste really delicious and my husband always asks for more!
- 10 chicken mid-joint wings
- 10 g ginger, chopped
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 asian star anise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chinese pepper, whole
- 10 g yellow rock sugar or 10 g sugar
- Chinese red rice wine
- stubb's beef marinade
- Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce (1 to 1)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken wings and wipe dry.
- Marinate in the sauce for 20-30 minutes; set aside.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of oil, sauté shallot, ginger and spice.
- Add the chicken wings and stir fly till they turn golden brown, then Sprinkle some wine over.
- Add the marinate sauce and cook over in low heat.
- Add in the rock sugar and cook until sauce thickens.
- Serve hot.