Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love this recipe, you can change the vegetables around to suit your tastes. ww Points 3.
Make and share this Asian-Style Honey Vegetable Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup prepared stir-fry sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons peanut oil or 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups mushrooms (small size)
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges and separated, about 1 inch strips
- 1 medium carrot, cut diagonally into 1/3 inch slices
- In small bowl, combine honey, stir fry sauce and crushed red pepper flakes; set aside.
- In wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add vegetables and toss while cooking, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add honey sauce, stir until all vegetables are glazed and sauce is bubbly hot, about 1 minute.
- Serve as a vegetable side dish or over steamed rice or noodles for a main dish.
Loved the sweetness in this dish. It was perfect, there was plenty of saltiness in the stir-fry sauce for us. I did change around the veggies. Cleaned out the refrigerator. I used carrots, bok choy, yellow bell pepper, snow peas and broccoli. I also increased the red pepper flakes. Served it with Mongolian Beef. Yummy! Thanks for posting.
We liked it! Needed more salt though.
Dancer: I made this and tossed in some shrimp. It was excellent. My advice is don't skimp on the crushed red pepper flakes.