We eat a lot of hamburgers during racing season. I get tired of the "same old" burgers. When I came across this recipe, my family really enjoyed it. I sometimes double the recipe and freeze the burgers also. Time does not include marinating time.
- Shape meat into six patties and place in a shallow dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, garlic and pepper.
- Set aside 1/4 cup for basting and refrigerate.
- Pour remaining marinade over the patties.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Grill burgers, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side until meat juices run clear, basting with reserved marinade.
- Serve on hamburger buns with lettuce leaves and tomato slices if desired.