Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from 125 Best Ground Meat recipe book by Ilanna Simon --- cooking time does not include cooking the pasta, ground turkey can be used in place of ground chicken, this is very good!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 small green bell pepper (seded and chopped)
- 1 small red bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 8 ounces vermicelli
- 1⁄3 cup tamari
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 6 cups shredded baby bok choy
- In a wok, or large skillet (wok is best), heat oil over med-high heat.
- Saute the green onions, ginger, garlic, cauliflower florets, green and red peppers for 1 minute.
- Add the ground chicken; brown; breaking up the chicken, for 5 mins, or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan of boiling salted water; cook noodles for 6-7 mins, or until al dente; drain and rinse.
- For the sauce; in a bowl combine Tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chili sauce, lime zest, lime juice and brown sugar.
- Pour into wok then stir until blended.
- Add the bok choy and stir well.
- Cover and cook for 2 mins, or until bok choy is tender.
- Add cooked noodles and stir into veggies and chicken.
- Add additional Tamari if desired.
This is really good!
I have to say that this is the BEST Ground Chicken recipe ever! I followed the directions to the "T" except I fried the ground chicken first. I seasoned the chicken with garlic, a little bit of garlic salt & pepper. I then took it out of the pan and set it aside and continued with directions provided, of cooking the veggies. I then added the meat back and cooked it until the cauliflower was just right.. The rest is history! I also doubled the SAUCE recipe just in case it needed more flavor towards the end. I highly recommend this recipe!
I just prepared this delicious dish. I made a few substitutions, given what I had on hand: for ginger, I used 2 frozen ginger cubes dissolved in the smallest amount of boiling water; the vegetables I sauteed include 1 medium-sized sweet onion, 1 chopped medium-sized zucchini, 1 large bag of frozen broccoli. I also added about 1/2 tsp of spicy red pepper flakes to the sauce. In place of using a lime, I used a Meyer lemon. For sugar, I used 1 tsp raw sugar. This dish is extremely delicious! I hope I make it again soon!