Since the beef broth, black bean sauce and soy sauce have a high salt content, I advise not to add in any salt to this recipe. Asian soba noodles can be substituted for the spaghetti if desired. Feel free to add in other veggies too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 cups fresh broccoli florets (uncooked and cut into small florets)
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms (drained, or save the juice)
- 1/2 cup water (or use the water from the canned mushrooms to make 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups beef broth (low sodium if possible)
- 3 tablespoons chinese black bean garlic sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 lb uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes (or to taste)
- black pepper
- salt (optional)
- soy sauce (optional)
- 1Cook spaghetti in a 5-6-quart nonstick pot or pan in boiling water until barely tender (about 6-8 minutes) drain and set aside.
- 2In a bowl mix the beef broth with black bean sauce and cornstarch; set aside.
- 3Heat oil in the same pot that was used to boil the spaghetti.
- 4Add in ground beef with minced garlic, dried chili flakes and onion slices; cook until beef is browned, season with black pepper to taste.
- 5Add in the uncooked broccoli florets with drained mushrooms and 1/2 cup water to the beef mixture; cover and cook stirring occasionally until the broccoli is a bright green colour (about 3 minutes, might ntake longer depending on the size of the florets).
- 6Add in beef broth mixture and bring to a boil; cook for 2-4 minutes.
- 7Add in the cooked spaghetti, stir over medium heat until heated through and well coated with the sauce (about 1-2 minutes).
- 8Add in soy sauce to taste if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Style Ground Beef and Broccoli With Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.3
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 488.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 36.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean garlic sauce