Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have to put this recipe somewhere before it gets thrown away!! It was in the paper as a "Quick Meal". I just love tilapia!! Feel free to add more garlic or ginger to this sauce....the more the merrier, right?
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced (about a Tbs.)
- 1 lime, juice of (2 Tbs or so)
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 453.59 g tilapia fillet (or other thin mild fish)
- Combine the soy sauce, sugar, garlic, lime juice, ginger and red pepper flakes in a wide, shallow baking pan that will hold all of the fish in a single layer.
- Stir briefly to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the tilapia, then turn it over so that it's coated all over with the marinade.
- Set aside for 20 min or so.
- Heat the broiler to high, and move the oven rack to position closest to heat.
- Slide the pan into the oven, and broil the fish for 5 minute Keep the oven door ajar so the broiler element stays lit.
- Turn the pan around (back to front), and broil for 5 more minute.
- If the juices in the pan appear to burn, add a little water to the dry spot to prevent burning.
- The fish should be opaque and flaky.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish when serving.
This was incredible!! Like other reviewers I doubled the sauce and then reduced it on the stove after the Tilapia was done, adding about a tbs of flour and a tsp of honey. We served it with brown rice and broccoli. My boys (5 & 3) loved it and my 5 yo had 3rds!
We LOVE this recipe! I've been using it now for about 4 years or so, we love it with Coconut ginger rice and broccoli. I use the full recipe of sauce although I don't usually use a full pound of tilapia. I also marinade the fish for longer than 20 minutes if at all possible because it tastes SO good!
Wow....LOVED this. And I'm lukewarm on Asian food and tilapia. Like many recipes, I doubled (approx) the sauce. Used half to marinate and half I added approx 1 heaping tsp of coconut flour and reduced into a sauce in a separate pan. I was low on tilapia and had a guest so I also added a piece of mahi and it was delicious as well. I served with steamed broccoli and an Asian cabbage salad mix from Costco and this meal was a huge hit. Every plate clean and moaning about no seconds. Will make again SOON.