Recipe by TXOLDHAM
As a scallop lover this appetiser sounds wonderful to me. I found this in my "stash" and want to make sure I don't lose. Times are my guess!
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml mirin (Chinese rice wine)
- 1.23 ml chili-garlic sauce (Hot Asian)
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 4.92 ml garlic, finely chopped
- 0.25 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 12 large sea scallops, halved
- 12 slice bacon (thin slice)
- 24 wooden toothpicks, soaked in water for 1 hour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, Mirin, chili sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar and oil. Add scallops and toss well. Set aside to marinate for 1/2 hour under refrigeration.
- Cook the bacon until lightly browned but only about half cooked. It must still be flexible enough to wrap around the scallops. Cut each piece in half.
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
- Remove the scallops from the marinade and pat dry. Wrap each scallop in a piece of bacon and secure it with a toothpick.
- Place the wrapped scallops on the grill and cook for about 6 minutes until bacon is crispy and the scallops are firm. Watch for flare ups and turn them often. Serve immediately.