As a scallop lover this appetiser sounds wonderful to me. I found this in my "stash" and want to make sure I don't lose. Times are my guess!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin (Chinese rice wine)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (Hot Asian)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 12 large sea scallops, halved
- 12 slices bacon (thin slice)
- 24 wooden toothpicks, soaked in water for 1 hour
- 1In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, Mirin, chili sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar and oil. Add scallops and toss well. Set aside to marinate for 1/2 hour under refrigeration.
- 2Cook the bacon until lightly browned but only about half cooked. It must still be flexible enough to wrap around the scallops. Cut each piece in half.
- 3Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
- 4Remove the scallops from the marinade and pat dry. Wrap each scallop in a piece of bacon and secure it with a toothpick.
- 5Place the wrapped scallops on the grill and cook for about 6 minutes until bacon is crispy and the scallops are firm. Watch for flare ups and turn them often. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Style Grilled Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 472.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: