Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
These are so easy to make just mix, stuff in the wrappers and fry! Do not cook the pork or shrimp before using in this recipe, they will cook while frying, do not add in more than 1 tablespoon filling into each wrapper or the filling will not cook properly, also you can add in 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste) if desired to the filling. Serve the cooked dumplings on the side with your favorite hot chili dipping sauce!
- 1 lb ground pork, uncooked
- 1⁄2 lb raw shrimp (shelled, deveined and finely chopped or minced)
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 green onion, minced (use only white part)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 40 dumpling wrappers or 40 gyoza skins
- cornstarch, for dusting
- corn oil (for frying)
- Prepare a large baking sheet that has been dusted with cornstarch.
- In a large bowl mix together the first 10 ingredients (ground pork through the 2 tablespoons cornstarch) mix well with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Place 1 tablespoon filling into the center of each dumpling skin/wrapper.
- Moisten the edge with a little water, then fold over to enclose the filling.
- Press edges to seal, then transfer to the baking sheet or tray that has been dusted with cornstarch.
- Heat a wok or skillet then add in oil; heat to 350 degrees.
- Add in 6-7 dumplings and fry turning constantly until a deep golden colour (about 4 minutes).
- Remove and drain briefly in a colinder; transfer to paper towels.
- Serve with chili sauce.