Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Broiled flank steak with a honey-ginger-soy sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 lb flank steak
- Preheat broiler and coat broiler pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl or baking dish large enough to hold steak, combine green onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, honey, and rice vinegar; whisk until honey is dissolved. Marinate steak for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer steak to broiler pan and broil 5 to 6 minutes on each side to desired doneness. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil 3 to 5 minutes (to kill any bacteria).
- Cut meat on the diagonal, across the grain, into thin slices. Drizzle with sauce.
Full of flavors that we thought were to die for good! I used NY sirloin instead of the flank steaks and we loved it!
Wow...this steak just explodes with flavor. This was my first time cooking a flank steak. I poked the raw steak all over on both sides with a fork. I marinated the steak for an hour and then broiled as directed. The steak was tender, juicy and delicious. Thanks for great recipe, Ice Cool Kitty. Made for Summer 2009 Photo Tag.
Made for New Kids on the Block. Excellent flank steak recipe. We really enjoyed this. Loved the mix of flavors. My flank steak was actually 1 1/2 pounds and the three of us ate the whole thing. Can't wait to make this again! Thanks Ice Cook Kitty!