Recipe by msliny
The traditional Asian flavors of ginger, sesame oil, rice vinegar and soy sauce set the stage for edamame and corn in this chilled salad. Adapted from a recipe in The Complete Soy Cookbook by Paulette Mitchell, Macmillan 1998
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 2 cups cooked and shelled edamame
- 1 cup corn
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 large lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk dressing ingredients together; adjust seasonings to taste. Set aside.
- Add the corn and bell pepper to the edamame, toss with dressing. Serve on lettuce greens.
- Makes 4 servings.
- To toast sesame seeds, place in dry skillet over medium heat. Shake gently until seeds begin to pop and turn golden brown. Cool.