Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a dressing recipe from the new Food Network show Jamie at Home. They didn't list the recipe on Food Network's site, so I'm putting it here for safe keeping. I find it tastes really fabulous over long thin slices of grated carrots as a carrot salad.
- 4 tablespoons lime juice (or the juice of 2 limes)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sugar
- 1 small chile
- 1 small garlic clove
- 4 scallions (top half only)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (or (to taste)
- Juice two limes into a bowl big enough for you to whisk your dressing.
- Add the olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, and sugar to the bowl.
- Grate the small chili (red pepper flakes may be substituted here) and the garlic clove over the bowl into your dressing.
- Whisk together.
- Finely chop the scallion tops and cilantro and stir into dressing.
Yum, great dressing. we had with fish cakes. Very tasty, i changed the measurements slightly to my taste but a great recipe.
I served this over leftover cold duck on a bed of field greens garnished with red onion (couldn't get my hands on scallions) and tomatoes. It was great. Very tasty.