Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and easy Asian style salad - nice and light, with a little kick!
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot Chinese chili paste, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Trim ends off cucumber and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Combine rice vinegar with soy sauce, vegetable oil, sesame oil, salt, sugar, hot chili paste and garlic.
- Mix dressing with cucumbers and serve at room temperature.
Nice salad. I added some red pepper slices and some slivers of onion. Thanks for sharing.
This was really yummy! We don't care much for Sesame Oil and even though I thought I had some apparently I threw it out so that was ommitted. I also added some of those crunchy Chinese Noodles because I like them. The flavors blended nicely and DH and I agreed it would probably be good with thinly sliced onion. Next time I will let it marinate a bit as I served it almost immediately. Very tasty side dish! Thanks for sharing!
Yummy! I didn't have the chili paste so I substituted a teaspoon of thai sweet chili sauce. It was great!