This soup can be made with crabmeat, shrimp or chicken. Allow the meat to cook longer if using chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 lb shredded crabmeat, diced peeled shrimp or 1/2 lb diced boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon nam pla (fish sauce)
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 15 ounces can creamed corn
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add the garlic and shallots and cook,stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil; then add the crabmeat.
- 4Lower the heat to medium and cook for about 2 minutes, until nearly done.
- 5Stir in the nam pla, sherry, and corn.
- 6While stirring, pour in the eggs in a slow stream so they cook in thin strands.
- 7Garnish with scallions if you like and serve.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Style Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 134.9 mg
- Sodium 1444.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 20.7 g