Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This soup can be made with crabmeat, shrimp or chicken. Allow the meat to cook longer if using chicken.
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 lb shredded crabmeat, diced peeled shrimp or 1⁄2 lb diced boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon nam pla (fish sauce)
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 15 ounces can creamed corn
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and shallots and cook,stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil; then add the crabmeat.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook for about 2 minutes, until nearly done.
- Stir in the nam pla, sherry, and corn.
- While stirring, pour in the eggs in a slow stream so they cook in thin strands.
- Garnish with scallions if you like and serve.