Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Napa cabbage provides a mild taste and the sesame seed oil gives it a lot of flavor. This is a simple but tasty slaw.
- 1⁄2 head napa cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1⁄4 cup plain rice vinegar (or plain white vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- In a small bowl, dissolve sugar in vinegar. Add the oils.
- Thin slice the cabbage and shred the carrot. Mix together. Then add the dressing and mix to coat. Cover bowl and refrigerate.
- This slaw is best made several hours ahead of time, or the previous day, to give the flavors time to blend.
Excellent quick coleslaw! I love how easily it is made, and the dressing is just exactly how I like it. Will make this again and also use the dressing on other salads. Thanks for sharing :)
Made for Bargain Basement February 2013.