Recipe by Sonya01
some thing else for the lunch box Variation: Use salted peanuts instead of cashews.
- 1 roasting chicken
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into small thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup salted cashews, roughly chopped
- bread roll, to serve
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove skin from chicken and discard. Remove chicken from bones and discard bones. Shred chicken. Place into a bowl.
- Make dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jug. Whisk with a fork until well combined.
- Pour dressing over chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine. Place into an airtight container. Place onions, carrot and nuts into separate airtight containers.
- When ready to serve, add onions, carrot and nuts to chicken. Toss. Spoon into bread rolls or serve as a salad.