Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living issue 12 2007.
- 4 cups cos lettuce leaves (baby torn)
- 375 g boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and chopped)
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple (core removed and cut into wedges)
- 2 granny smith apples (cored and sliced or 2 cups of red and or or green seedless grapes)
- 1 yellow capsicum (or red cut into thin strips, bell pepper)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- On individual serving plates divide and stack the lettuce, chicken, pineapple, apple (or grapes) and capsicum (bell pepper).
- In a small jug whisk the soy sauce (or tamari), lemon juice, peanut butter, honey and chilli flakes.
- Drizzle the dressing between the 4 serves.
Really this is a wonderful salad!<br/>I forgot to add the apples, and we still loved this.<br/>The fruit was such a wonderful addition to this recipe, and made for a delicious dinner on a hot evening. DS especially loved the dressing on the chicken.<br/>Thanks Pat an lovely salad recipe I will be making again when summer comes around.
This is a good salad, made as directed using a spring mix, although instead of pineapple wedges next time I would chop the pineapple. Thanks, I'mPat! Made for Best of 2010 Tag Game, as recommended by loof.
This is truly a delight to make and even more of a delight to eat. I loved all the mix of veggies and fruit with the chicken. I used some leftover rotisserie chicken and made the dressing as written. Very full of flavor but light on the waistline. Thanks Pat for sharing this fantastic recipe in the Went to the Market Tag game