Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Australian BH&G Diabetic Living issue 12 2007.
- 4 cups cos lettuce leaves (baby torn)
- 375 g boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and chopped)
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple (core removed and cut into wedges)
- 2 granny smith apples (cored and sliced or 2 cups of red and or or green seedless grapes)
- 1 yellow capsicum (or red cut into thin strips, bell pepper)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- On individual serving plates divide and stack the lettuce, chicken, pineapple, apple (or grapes) and capsicum (bell pepper).
- In a small jug whisk the soy sauce (or tamari), lemon juice, peanut butter, honey and chilli flakes.
- Drizzle the dressing between the 4 serves.
Holy moly! Best salad I've had in a long time. SO much flavor!
Really this is a wonderful salad!<br/>I forgot to add the apples, and we still loved this.<br/>The fruit was such a wonderful addition to this recipe, and made for a delicious dinner on a hot evening. DS especially loved the dressing on the chicken.<br/>Thanks Pat an lovely salad recipe I will be making again when summer comes around.
This is a good salad, made as directed using a spring mix, although instead of pineapple wedges next time I would chop the pineapple. Thanks, I'mPat! Made for Best of 2010 Tag Game, as recommended by loof.