Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
This recipe comes from two different cultures: Asian and American--just like me! This is a very simple recipe. I recommend deep-frying the chicken in a pot or saucepan instead of a frying pan so that it doesn't make a mess on the stove top. Enjoy!
- 1 chicken breast
- 36.97 ml honey
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml minced ginger
- 1 egg, beaten
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
- Defrost frozen chicken breast, if needed.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together honey, soy sauce and ginger to create your marinade.
- Cut chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and marinate them in the honey mixture.
- Take the chicken and cover it in cornstarch, then in the beaten egg, then in the breadcrumbs.
- Deep-fry the chicken nuggets.
- Serve hot or cold.
My hubby loves this recipe. Thank you
These were great! My hubby wanted tons, and you can tell by my picture that I am going to put on here, that he got what he wanted! :) These are something I can see myself making often for my family. We actually tripled the recipe (for our family of 5, and a surrogate daugher, which makes 6). It was perfect, and instead of tossing out the sauce, we put it in a pan, boiled it for 5 minutes, and then dipped our nuggets into it.... talk about yummy. This is a great recipe, and I appreciate you putting it on here! Thanks twelve-year-old chef!
What a nice change from our usual homemade nuggets. The soy sauce was not overpowering and these took just about 4 minutes in a 350 degree deep fryer. Thank you for sharing! Made for Fall Pick a Chef '08.