Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My father-in-law's recipe. A nice, easy weeknight meal! You may serve the chicken whole or cut-up into bite-size pieces. We've had the most success with keeping the flour coating on when the chicken is whole.
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried ginger
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges in juice
- Wash and dry chicken pieces. Shake in plastic bag or container with flour to coat them.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet; add chicken and brown each piece.
- Drain Mandarin oranges and set aside.
- Mix juice from the can with the lemon juice, orange juice, honey, soy sauce, and ginger.
- Pour sauce over the chicken in skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Add Mandarin orange pieces 5-10 minutes before chicken is done.
- Optional: Serve with rice.
This was a nice easy weeknight meal! I made with b/s thighs but otherwise followed the recipe. It has a strong citrus flavor, but not overpowering. I think next time I would add a little more honey just because I couldn't really taste it that much. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag.