Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
If you like the "normal" chic, broc, ziti recipe but would like a tasty variation, this recipe will work nicely for you. Also great to make ahead the 3 main ingredients (cook the ziti, steam the broccoli and cook the chicken) and then combine and heat when ready to serve. The marinating takes the longest to do but once that's done, this dish comes together quickly.
- 1 whole boneless chicken breast
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons tamari or 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces ziti pasta, cooked
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup romano cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Marinate bite sized pieces of chicken for an hour or more (the longer the better) in marinade of olive oil, Tamari(Soy Sauce), crushed garlic cloves & crushed black pepper, to taste.
- Cook Ziti as per package directions.
- Steam broccoli.
- When you're ready to begin, put chicken and marinade in a large pan (I use my wok).
- Add the stick of butter or margarine and cook until chicken is done.
- Add steamed broccoli, cooked ziti and 1 cup Romano or Parmesan.
- Heat through & serve.
The marinade alone makes for a five! Made as posted using parmesan cheese. So easy - so good - a company quality meal! Served this with Caesar Salad and garlic bread. No left overs! The marinade makes wonderful tasting grilled chicken. A real all around winner at our house. Thank you Nancy.