Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this one from my Philadelphia cook book and all my guests loved it.. I have listed the chopped cashews in the dipping sauce as part of the ingredients but I didn't add them. Posting here for safe keeping as with all my moving as of late I do not have all my cookbooks and recipes that I have collected over the years.
- 500 g ground chicken
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 150 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 78.07 ml cashews, roasted, salted and finely chopped
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind of
- flour, to coat patties
- oil, for a shallow fry
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml sweet chili sauce (I added a little more, my preference)
- 9.85 ml fish sauce
- 14.79 ml chopped cashews, extra (I left this out)
- 1 birds eye chili, chopped finely (add as many or as few seeds as you like)
- 15 basil leaves, extra to serve (optional)
- Combine mince, onion, cheese, cashews, herbs, lemon rind and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Place 2 tablespoons of mixture in your had and roll into a ball, then press to flatten slightly into a pattie shape.
- Toss in flour to just coat and shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large non stick fry pan.
- Cook the cakes over a medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Make Dipping Sauce:.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, cashews and chilli in a sauce pan.
- Cook over a medium heat about 5 min's until sugar has dissolved and sauce has thickened slightly.
- For decoration purposes you can place each chicken cake on a basil leaf on a serving platter and serve with dipping sauce.