The Flying Chef's Note:
I made this one from my Philadelphia cook book and all my guests loved it.. I have listed the chopped cashews in the dipping sauce as part of the ingredients but I didn't add them. Posting here for safe keeping as with all my moving as of late I do not have all my cookbooks and recipes that I have collected over the years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g ground chicken
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 150 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 78.07 ml cashews, roasted, salted and finely chopped
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind of
- flour, to coat patties
- oil, for a shallow fry
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml sweet chili sauce (I added a little more, my preference)
- 9.85 ml fish sauce
- 14.79 ml chopped cashews, extra (I left this out)
- 1 birds eye chili, chopped finely (add as many or as few seeds as you like)
- 15 basil leaves, extra to serve (optional)
- 1Combine mince, onion, cheese, cashews, herbs, lemon rind and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- 2Place 2 tablespoons of mixture in your had and roll into a ball, then press to flatten slightly into a pattie shape.
- 3Toss in flour to just coat and shake off excess.
- 4Heat oil in a large non stick fry pan.
- 5Cook the cakes over a medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- 6Drain and keep warm.
- 7Make Dipping Sauce:.
- 8Combine vinegar, water, sugar, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, cashews and chilli in a sauce pan.
- 9Cook over a medium heat about 5 min's until sugar has dissolved and sauce has thickened slightly.
- 10For decoration purposes you can place each chicken cake on a basil leaf on a serving platter and serve with dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Style Chicken and Cashew Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (1125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.0
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 42.9 mg
- Sodium 219.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: