1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Since my diet has become even more restricted these days I've had to get much more creative with fewer and fewer ingredients. Unfortunately, one of the first things that had to go was Asian cuisine, which I miss every day. Plum sauce and ginger is a good combo that helps create the illusion that you may actually be eating some good take-out instead of a low-sodium, low-sugar, gluten-free delight with no complex starches. As always the spice measurements are more of a suggestion; everyone should spice to their own tastes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a large and deep skillet/pan with sesame oil.
- 2Add chicken cutlets and brown over Medium Heat.
- 3While chicken is browning, prepare sauce: mix plum sauce, broth, ginger, garlic, and pepper. If the mix has too much kick, dilute with more broth.
- 4When cutlets are browned, pour sauce over chicken cutlets and reduce to a simmer or low boil.
- 5Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, turning the cutlets occasionally making sure they are even.
- 6Remove Chicken from the pan.
- 7Add cabbage mix to the sauce and cook until cabbage has an al dente consistency.
- 8Arrange the chicken over the cabbage and serve!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Style Chicken and Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.3
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 411.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken cutlets