Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Since my diet has become even more restricted these days I've had to get much more creative with fewer and fewer ingredients. Unfortunately, one of the first things that had to go was Asian cuisine, which I miss every day. Plum sauce and ginger is a good combo that helps create the illusion that you may actually be eating some good take-out instead of a low-sodium, low-sugar, gluten-free delight with no complex starches. As always the spice measurements are more of a suggestion; everyone should spice to their own tastes!
- Grease a large and deep skillet/pan with sesame oil.
- Add chicken cutlets and brown over Medium Heat.
- While chicken is browning, prepare sauce: mix plum sauce, broth, ginger, garlic, and pepper. If the mix has too much kick, dilute with more broth.
- When cutlets are browned, pour sauce over chicken cutlets and reduce to a simmer or low boil.
- Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, turning the cutlets occasionally making sure they are even.
- Remove Chicken from the pan.
- Add cabbage mix to the sauce and cook until cabbage has an al dente consistency.
- Arrange the chicken over the cabbage and serve!