Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Speed up this recipe substituting 8-ounces cooked lean deli roast beef for the broiled steak. Just cut the sliced beef into bite-size strips and let it marinate in the lime-flavored dressing. Marinade time is 2-8 hours.
- 12 ounces boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 1 medium fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups torn napa cabbage or 6 cups bok choy
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red peppers, strips or 1⁄2 cup fresh pea pods
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- Trim fat from steak. Place on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 12 to 15 minutes or to desired doneness (160 degrees F for medium doneness). Let steak stand for 5 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin bite-size strips.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl stir together jalapeno pepper, lime peel, lime juice, soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, sugar, and garlic. Stir in beef. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 8 hours.
- To serve, in a salad bowl toss together napa cabbage and/or bok choy, sweet pepper or pea pods, and green onions. Stir beef mixture; arrange in center of cabbage mixture.