Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Based on a few different recipes I've read in various cookbooks/magazines, but adapted for my own taste preferences. Note: Chang's Oriental Salad Dressing is available in most major Aussie supermarkets - if not, substitute with a bottled Asian-style salad dressing available in your area :)
- 200 g dry soba noodles
- 500 g lean beef rump
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 300 g snow peas
- 2 carrots
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 English cucumber
- 150 g bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup chang's oriental salad dressing
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Boil noodles as per packet directions - usually about 10 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold water and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, rub steak with oil and cook in a hot frypan until done to your liking - I usually cook the steak a little rarer than I usually do.
- Let the meat rest, while you cut the vegetables into small, thin matchstick-style pieces.
- Lightly whisk the garlic and ginger into the salad dressing.
- Toss the cold noodles, dressing and vegetables in a large bowl. Serve in noodle bowls with thinly sliced meat on top.