Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
added for the asian forum.
- 1 bunch watercress
- gold'n canola oil cooking spray
- 300 g lean rump steak
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, halved, seeded and sliced
- 200 g grape tomatoes, halved
- 100 g snow peas, sliced
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons crisco peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped red chile
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Wash and dry the watercress, pick sprigs, discarding thicker stems.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan, and cook the steak over medium high heat for 3 minutes each side. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly.
- Make a bed of watercress on serving plates. Top with the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, snow peas and steak. Drizzle with the combined dressing ingredients.
- Heat about 5cm water in a large saucepan or deep frying pan. Bring to a simmer. Carefully crack the eggs into a cup, then slide into the water. Cook for 3 minutes, until the whites have set.
- Place an egg on top of each salad, and sprinkle with coriander. Serve immediately.