Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe from the Western Australia Potato Magazine. I haven't made this one, but it looks really yummy.
- 1 kg potato, unpeeled
- 400 g rump steak
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- 4 cups mixed salad greens, washed
- 1⁄4 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 small red chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 small red chile, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- combine all ingredients in a screw top jar.
- Cook (boil, steam or microwave) potatoes until tender. Drain and slice lengthways into wedges.
- Cook steak about 4 minutes per side on a preheated BBQ (grill) plate. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
- Mix salad ingredients (except sesame seeds)with the beef and potatoes, folding the dressing through gently.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve.
This is a very versatile and forgiving recipe, and one I will use again and again. I made several changes, as I decided to do this for dinner tonight at the last minute and didn't have all the ingredients. Instead of beansprouts I added sliced red bell pepper, sliced avocado and sliced Lebanese cucumber. I used lemon juice in the dressing, and instead of chile, I added a heaped teaspoon of Hogan's ginger, garlic and chilli sauce (from a great range of sauces made in Western Australia). I think potato is an inspired addition to an Asian Beef salad. Well done Western Potatoes! And thanks Jan for posting. Would rate it 5 stars but feel I can't really, given the changes made.