I got the original recipe from BHG.com...modified it a little. Try this in early spring when asparagus in season! This slaw is a wonderful, unique, and tasty way to serve this delicous veggie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb asparagus
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- 1 celery rib, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews (optional)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Cut off about 1/4 inch of stem ends of asparagus (the ends become fibrous very quickly!).
- 2Rinse asparagus; drain. Cut into 1-2 inch slice; julienne the stems (but not the heads!).
- 3Bring 1 inch of water to boiling in a medium saucepan. Place asparagus in steamer basket; cover and steam for 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Drain. Gently rinse with cool water.
- 4Combine asparagus, green cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, parsley, onion, and cashews in a large bowl. Toss gently with sesame oil, vinegar, and pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian-Style Asparagus Cole Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 2.8 g