Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delightful way to stuff eggs and the presentation is nice too! From Racael Ray's Big Orange Book.
- 12 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, pelled and finely grated
- 2-3 thin scallions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 29.58 ml tamari soy sauce
- 4.92 ml hot sauce
- 44.37-59.16 ml mayonnaise (just enough to bind)
- black pepper
- fresh cilantro, chopped (or a few whole leaves for garnish)
- Cut the fat rounded ends off the eggs, scoop out the yolks into a bowl, and stand the hard boiled eggs upright in the egg carton. If you wish to serve the eggs on a platter, trim a small piece of the egg off the pointed ends so they will stand upright.
- Break the egg yolks up a little bit using a fork. Add the ginger, scallions, garlic, tamari, hot sauce, mayonnaise and pepper. Mash until smooth and check the seasonings, adjusting if necessary.
- Fill the egg whites, overstuffing them a little.
- Garnish the eggs with whole cilantro leaves or finely chop the cilantro and sprinkle over the eggs. Enjoy!
Exotic flavor in these eggs! The ginger taste is apparent, and I love ginger, so I really enjoyed these. Thanks for sharing the recipe. ZWT6