A delightful way to stuff eggs and the presentation is nice too! From Racael Ray's Big Orange Book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, pelled and finely grated
- 2 -3 thin scallions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise (just enough to bind)
- black pepper
- fresh cilantro, chopped (or a few whole leaves for garnish)
- 1Cut the fat rounded ends off the eggs, scoop out the yolks into a bowl, and stand the hard boiled eggs upright in the egg carton. If you wish to serve the eggs on a platter, trim a small piece of the egg off the pointed ends so they will stand upright.
- 2Break the egg yolks up a little bit using a fork. Add the ginger, scallions, garlic, tamari, hot sauce, mayonnaise and pepper. Mash until smooth and check the seasonings, adjusting if necessary.
- 3Fill the egg whites, overstuffing them a little.
- 4Garnish the eggs with whole cilantro leaves or finely chop the cilantro and sprinkle over the eggs. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Stuffed Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.8
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 212.9 mg
- Sodium 266.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: