Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is one of my family's summer favorites. It tastes so light, sweet, tangy, and fresh! Works great as a side or stands well on it's own. I hope you enjoy.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package Top Ramen noodles (Any Flavor, Do not use flavoring)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch broccoli, coarsley chopped
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts, coarsley chopped
- 2 cups fresh salad spinach
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- For Dressing:
- Mix all ingredients together well and cover.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- For Salad:.
- Open package of Ramen noodles and throw out seasoning pouch.
- In a large sauce pan melt butter and add walnuts.
- Break ramen noodles into bite size pieces and add to sauce pan.
- Lightly brown walnuts and noodles in butter, stirring constantly (burns easily).
- Remove sauce pan from heat and set aside.
- Lightly toss chopped broccoli, lettuce, spinach, onions and strawberries in a large salad bowl.
- Pour the warm contents of the sauce pan over the salad and mix lightly to gently wilt the lettuce.
- Serve immediately with dressing.
Wow...will become one of my new summer time staples. My husband who eats hardly any vegetables even loved it. I tweeked the dressing a bit by adding 2-3 T of soy sauce rather than 1. Thanks for the great recipe!