Recipe by DD2006
On our honeymoon in Malaysia my husband and I were directed to one of the best chinese seafood restaurants on the Penang island. we went there again especially for their rice. I tried many recipes and this is my adapted one that is the closest to what we had there. Secret is cooking everything separately.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the garlic in oil for a couple of minutes on medium heat until most of the pieces are yellow. don't overcook the garlic but it needs to be toasted. Set aside.
- In the same wok add oil and fry onion until it softens and then add the lettuce for 20 seconds or so until it gets soft and greener. Remove from heat.
- Fry the eggs, i simply scramble them and i don't overcook them, because they will receive some more heat later.
- Take a wok and put your cooked rice in it. On very low heat mix the onions and lettuce. Add eggs and mix thoroughly until eggs are finely distributed.
- Add the soya. Stir.
- Sprinkle the garlic little by little while stirring.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve hot.
- The secret of this recipe is the garlic and cooking everything separately brings out the flavors of all the ingredients.