Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
Rice noodles may be used in place of the vermicelli ---for easier slicing partially freeze the pork first.
- 226.79 g uncooked vermicelli (or use thin spaghetti)
- 453.59 g boneless center cut pork chop, cut into thin strips
- 78.07 ml hoisin sauce
- 29.58 ml fresh minced garlic
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes (or adjust to suit heat level)
- 44.37 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 14.79 ml rice vinegar (do not use rice wine vinegar)
- 7.39 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml fresh minced ginger
- 283.49 g package fresh spinach leaves
- 226.79 g can water chestnuts, rinced and drained
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks (about 2 cups)
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until just tender then drain and place in a bowl.
- Place the strips of pork into a bowl.
- In another bowl whisk the hoisin sauce with minced garlic, chili flakes, soy sauce rice vinegar, sesame oil and ginger; pour HALF of the mixture over the pork strips, toss to coat then allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a wok or a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the pork and stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes; remove to a bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the wok or skillet over medium-high heat; add in spinach, water chestnuts, carrot sticks and green onion; saute stirring until the spinach is wilted (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in cooked pasta, pork and the remaining HALF of the hoisin sauce mixture; cook stirring for about 2 minutes or until completely heated through.
Lovely balanced taste - I loved the fact that the sauce nicely coated the noodles without the need of cornstarch. Since I had no spinach, I added a bag of frozen shelled edamame. Excellent!
Took a couple liberties with the recipe . . . unable to find fresh spinach in this little Mexican village so had to do without. Also, I used left over pork loin roast so skipped the marinade; used all the sauce on the stir fry and it was the perfect amount! I did use the rice noodles. Other than that followed your directions and it was wonderful! We really loved the sauce!