Recipe by *Parsley*
Another awesome way to eat Brussels sprouts....posted for world tour.
Top Review by Larawithoutau
This was very tasty, I didn't have peanut oil and used canola instead used low-sodium soy sauce with fresh sprouts. I would caution the 2-3 minutes on high for the garlic, it seemed to brown in less than a minute and I was afraid it would become bitter. This was quick to put together...don't forget the sesame oil at the end, I did initially and was glad I looked at the recipe one more time. I also drizzled a bit of seasoned rice vinegar on the finished dish for contrast. Thanks for posting.
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed with x cut on bottom of each (can use frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam/cook the sprouts for about 7-10 minutes or until just tende. Remove from heat.
- Combine peanut oil, garlic and ginger in large, unheated skillet. Set over high heat until oil is very hot and garlic is fragrant but NOT browning, about 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in soy sauce, crushed red pepper, black pepper, sugar and sesame seeds.
- Stir in brussels sprouts and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Toss with sesame oil and serve warm.