Recipe by *Parsley*
I always use skinless, boneless chicken thighs for this. The breasts are just to dry for this recipe.
Top Review by ballarat
This was so easy. We used drumsticks - and loved it! Served it with rice and stir-fried bok choy. I added extra 5 spice as well as some fresh ginger. All in all an easy and quick dish with delicious results.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine, NOT rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 scallions, chopped on the diagonal for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken thighs to the skillet. Quickly brown on both sides.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the chopped scallions.
- Bring just to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and gently simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and turn over thighs. Continue to cook uncovered until sauce is a thick glaze. This may take only a few minutes. Careful not to let it burn.
- Place on a platter or plates and sprinkle with the scallions.