Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The other day I needed something to eat for supper, and this simple idea came to me. Any ingredients that sound strange to you can probably be found in your local Asian grocer or most large mega marts.
- Combine all ingredients except green onion right in the sandwich bag, including the fillet.
- Seal the bag and shake well to distribute the mixture.
- Marinate at least 30 minutes, then turn fish over and marinate for 30 more minutes. You could also marinate it overnight for a stronger flavor.
- Reserving marinade, place fish in steamer and set timer to 15 minutes. If you don't have a steamer, you can use a steaming rack and a pot or wok.
- While the fish cooks, place marinade in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add sriracha sauce and stir well.
- Reduce sauce to thicken, about 5-10 minutes.
- When fish is finished, put on plate and pour reduced marinade over fish.
- Garnish with the green onion and serve hot.
- If you can have rice, it will go well with that.