1 hr 15 mins
The other day I needed something to eat for supper, and this simple idea came to me. Any ingredients that sound strange to you can probably be found in your local Asian grocer or most large mega marts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces fish (cod, whitefish, etc., any white meat fish)
- 1 plastic sandwich bag
- 1Combine all ingredients except green onion right in the sandwich bag, including the fillet.
- 2Seal the bag and shake well to distribute the mixture.
- 3Marinate at least 30 minutes, then turn fish over and marinate for 30 more minutes. You could also marinate it overnight for a stronger flavor.
- 4Reserving marinade, place fish in steamer and set timer to 15 minutes. If you don't have a steamer, you can use a steaming rack and a pot or wok.
- 5While the fish cooks, place marinade in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 6Add sriracha sauce and stir well.
- 7Reduce sauce to thicken, about 5-10 minutes.
- 8When fish is finished, put on plate and pour reduced marinade over fish.
- 9Garnish with the green onion and serve hot.
- 10If you can have rice, it will go well with that.
Browse Our Top Whitefish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Steamed Whitefish
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2894.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: