Recipe by Auntie Jan
Great Asian meal that is super easy to make, I am posting for our Zaar World Tour. Hope you like.
Top Review by Sarah
This was delicious. Made exactly as written with a little added salt as suggested. Cooked on low for about 6 and a half hours. Thanks for posting. Made and reviewed for Zaar World Tour 4.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon tarragon leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 6 ingredients and blend well.
- Take your steak strips and coat them well with the spice mix.
- Put meat in the slow cooker and add the pepper strips, broth and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours then remove the bay leaves and throw away.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in water and stir into crock pot.
- Turn temp to high and cover/cook on High until thickened.
- Serve over rice or noodles.