Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
2.7 carbs per serving BUT EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT LOW CARBING IT -- TRY THIS YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!! Use the left over sauce to pour over your salad --delicious!
- 453.59-566.99 g top sirloin steak
- 118.29 ml beef broth
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml minced fresh ginger
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml butter
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 4.92-9.85 ml sesame oil (toasted)
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced or cut lengthwise into slivers
- Cut steak into 4 equal portions.
- Place each piece between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- With a heavy, flat-sided mallet, pound meat firmly but gently all over to a thickness of 1/3 to 1/2 inch.
- In a small bowl, stir together broth, soy sauce, ginger, and cornstarch.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in oil in a wide nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When butter sizzles, add steak.
- Cook, turning once, until steak is well browned on both sides and still pink in center; cut to test (2 to 3 minutes).
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Stir broth mixture, then add to pan, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil, stirring.
- Then continue to boil and stir until slightly thickened (1 to 2 minutes).
- Pour sauce over steak; drizzle with sesame oil to taste, then sprinkle with green onions.
This was very good. I did stray, just a little, from the original recipe. I added red pepper flakes to the soy sauce mixture, cooked my steaks in the broiler, and then I threw in some frozen veggies with the steak before adding the sauce and onions on top to create more of a stir-fry. I think the best part of this recipe is definitely the sauce! Thanks a bunch for sharing with us! :)
We enjoyed this very much. I didn't have the green onions, but will make sure to have them on hand next time! I added a little garlic powder and onion powder to the sauce. Will definitely make again. I think I will use this same method with chicken breasts and chicken broth.
This dish was a hit with my boyfriend and I. We love asian cuisine and the meat cooked very well and so juicy. I made brown steamed rice for our side and we also added sushimi tuna as an extra side as well. Yum.