Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 mins
The Asian flavors of this dish really make the natural flavors of the asparagus taste amazing.
- 1 lb asparagus, fresh
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup natural almonds, coarsely chopped
- Trim woody ends of asparagus spears.
- Slice asparagus (with a sharply diagonal slant) into 3-inch lengths.
- Heat oil in large skillet until a piece of asparagus sizzles.
- Add asparagus, ginger and pepper; stir-fry over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and stir-fry 2 minutes longer.
- Add almonds and stir-fry briefly just to heat through.
This is good but we found the seasonings to be a bit too strong for our tastes. If future I would try reducing the amount of ginger and soy sauce. We really enjoyed the almonds with the asparagus. Made for PAC Fall '08