Recipe by Printessa
The Asian flavors of this dish really make the natural flavors of the asparagus taste amazing.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
This is good but we found the seasonings to be a bit too strong for our tastes. If future I would try reducing the amount of ginger and soy sauce. We really enjoyed the almonds with the asparagus. Made for PAC Fall '08
- 1 lb asparagus, fresh
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup natural almonds, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim woody ends of asparagus spears.
- Slice asparagus (with a sharply diagonal slant) into 3-inch lengths.
- Heat oil in large skillet until a piece of asparagus sizzles.
- Add asparagus, ginger and pepper; stir-fry over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and stir-fry 2 minutes longer.
- Add almonds and stir-fry briefly just to heat through.