Recipe by Melba Sundevil
I cannot take credit for this salad, it is from another source, but I had to post, since everytime I make it I have to hand out the recipe. Kudos to the Bon Appetit folks, they rock!
Top Review by LonghornMama
Excellent salad! Easy to whip together in no time and unlike most recipes, the dressing really doesn't have to be made ahead of time. Used sliced almonds instead of slivered cause that's what I had. Served with steak and baked potatoes but would have been happy with the salad alone. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, broken into pieces, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 10 ounces spinach leaves, fresh, ready to use
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing:.
- Mix 6 tbsp olive oil along with the sugar, rice vinegar and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add noodles, nuts and sesame seeds. Stir until toasted and golden, about 8 minutes.Put spinach and onion in large bowl, toss in noodle mixture and toss with the dressing. Serve immediately.