Recipe by Sharon123
So good with chicken, game birds, and fish. This sauce could also be canned, sealing in warm sterilized jars. Some people insist you need to process in a water bath for about 10 minutes to be safe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs plums
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mirin or 1 tablespoon plum wine
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon asian chili paste with garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pit the plums. Put into a food processor and purée.
- In a heavy, medium-sized non-reactive saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger; sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in the plum purée, five-spice powder, lime juice, Mirin, brown sugar, chili paste and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer 25 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Transfer to glass jars and refrigerate.