Recipe by TFCurtis
This recipe is a dramatic modification of an Asian Grilled Chicken recipe I found on Yahoo Health. It's spicy and delicious. I originally made it with chicken thighs but it also works with chicken breasts. Sid dishes I have had it with are asparagus, grilled brussels sprouts, curry couscous and rice pilaf. 5 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes to marinate. "Mmmm, those are great thighs!"
Top Review by marshpea
this was really good! simple w/ a huge payoff. I didn't have the thai spice so I used chili powder instead and now I can't imagine it any other way. I made a bigger batch w/o any trouble
- 2 skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon french bold spicy brown mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon spice island Thai seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl (except for the chicken thighs).
- Pour the mix into a ziplock plastic sandwich bag.
- Place one thigh in the bag and coat thouroughly by massaging the mix around the thigh.
- Place the second thigh in the bag withg the first and coat thoroughly.
- Refrigerate chicken in the bag for a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight.
- On a tinfoil covered cookie sheet, bake the chicken for 45 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Alternate microwave instructions: Cook in bag (partially open) in a microwavable dish at 1/2 power for 5 minutes.
- Flip the bag over and cook for 5 minutes at 1/2 power for 5minutes.
- Remove chicken from bag and dish and broil on the top shelf at high setting for 5 minutes.