Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is a dramatic modification of an Asian Grilled Chicken recipe I found on Yahoo Health. It's spicy and delicious. I originally made it with chicken thighs but it also works with chicken breasts. Sid dishes I have had it with are asparagus, grilled brussels sprouts, curry couscous and rice pilaf. 5 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes to marinate. "Mmmm, those are great thighs!"
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl (except for the chicken thighs).
- Pour the mix into a ziplock plastic sandwich bag.
- Place one thigh in the bag and coat thouroughly by massaging the mix around the thigh.
- Place the second thigh in the bag withg the first and coat thoroughly.
- Refrigerate chicken in the bag for a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight.
- On a tinfoil covered cookie sheet, bake the chicken for 45 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Alternate microwave instructions: Cook in bag (partially open) in a microwavable dish at 1/2 power for 5 minutes.
- Flip the bag over and cook for 5 minutes at 1/2 power for 5minutes.
- Remove chicken from bag and dish and broil on the top shelf at high setting for 5 minutes.
this was really good! simple w/ a huge payoff. I didn't have the thai spice so I used chili powder instead and now I can't imagine it any other way. I made a bigger batch w/o any trouble
Would have rated this higher but lacked oven temp so I had to take a point off. I used skin on, bone in chicken thighs and substituted Chili Powder as another review for the Thai Seasoning. Kind of scared it would be spicy hot, I am a wimp, my husband not. They were not! In fact they were just right yet spicy different. I baked 45 min at 375. Skin was crunchy and inside was nice and moist. Could taste hints of all the seasoning and a great blend. Thanks TF!
these were very yummy and easy to make,, a real keeper