Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This will make the novice back yard griller/BBQer look like a seasoned genius. I promise!
for the wasabi mayonnaise
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons wasabi, paste (or to taste)
for salmon marinade
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, chopped (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 salmon fillets
- Mix all the ingredients for wasabi mayonnaise and place in refrigerator. The longer the better.
- Mix or whisk all the marinade ingredients and pour in a large sealable bag over the salmon (I like to use the 1 gallon freezer bags).
- Rotate the bag a few times (make sure the bag is closed) to make sure marinade gets all over all of the pieces of salmon.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (salmon can handle a little longer if you wish, but I wouldn't go over 2 hours).
- Grill on high heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until done. Internal temperature should be 140 degrees.
- Serve with wasabi mayonnaise.
This mayonaise was very tasty with a tuna steak, thanks!