Although this elegant yet simple, main course gets you out of the kitchen in no time, it smells so delicious that your company may wind up in there anyway. (Have them chop the bok choy while you enjoy their company!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 2 tablespoons of the oil in a heavy skillet large enough to hold all the fillets in one layer without crowding Put the skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Rub the fillets with the five-spice powder.
- 3Put the salmon in the skillet, skin side down, cover, and cook for 3 minutes.
- 4Turn the fillets over and cook for 3 minutes.
- 5Turn off the heat and let the salmon keep warm in the skillet.
- 6While the salmon cooks, fill the sink with cold water.
- 7Put the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large deep skillet, Dutch oven, or wok over medium-low heat.
- 8Peel the garlic.
- 9Drop the garlic down the chute of a food processor with the motor running.
- 10Scrape the garlic into the skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once or twice to prevent burning.
- 11While the garlic cooks, cut 1 inch from the bottoms of the bok choy and cut off any damaged tops from the leaves.
- 12Cut the leafy top half of the bok choy crosswise into 2-inch wide strips at and the thicker bottom half into 1-inch wide strips.
- 13Wash briefly, but vigorously, in the sink and add to the skillet, without draining.
- 14Season with salt and pepper to taste, add the chicken stock, and stir.
- 15Raise the heat to high, cover, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the thickest part of the stems are just tender.
- 16Put salmon fillet in the center of a large soup plate with the bok choy on both sides.
- 17Spoon the cooking broth from the bok choy over the top of the bok choy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian-Spiced Salmon with Braised Bok Choy
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.3
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 88.8 mg
- Sodium 288.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 37.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder