Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
The packages of the peeled baby carrots that you find the your grocery cuts back on the prep time for these babies!! A Sara Moulton recipe.
Top Review by MistressRach
I'm sorry, I really wanted this to be wonderful, but the cumin just really didn't work in my opinion. The finished dish just tasted wrong. Not Asian flavored at all. None of us were able to finish our (rather small) servings and we threw away the remainder. I plan to try this again using Chinese 5 spice in place of the cumin
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Combine the carrots, oil and salt in a medium bowl.
- Spread the carrots on a rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring once, until tender and starting to brown, 20-25 minute.
- Meanwhile, combine the soy sauce, butter, ginger, cumin, vinegar, sesame oil, and pepper in a large bowl.
- When the carrots are tender, add them to the soy sauce mixture and toss until the butter melts and the carrots are completely coated.
- Serve immediately.