Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
The packages of the peeled baby carrots that you find the your grocery cuts back on the prep time for these babies!! A Sara Moulton recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Combine the carrots, oil and salt in a medium bowl.
- Spread the carrots on a rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring once, until tender and starting to brown, 20-25 minute.
- Meanwhile, combine the soy sauce, butter, ginger, cumin, vinegar, sesame oil, and pepper in a large bowl.
- When the carrots are tender, add them to the soy sauce mixture and toss until the butter melts and the carrots are completely coated.
- Serve immediately.
I'm sorry, I really wanted this to be wonderful, but the cumin just really didn't work in my opinion. The finished dish just tasted wrong. Not Asian flavored at all. None of us were able to finish our (rather small) servings and we threw away the remainder. I plan to try this again using Chinese 5 spice in place of the cumin
This was pretty good. I also added a bit of brown sugar. I think the cumin was a bit overwhelming and would cut it maybe in half next time. I served this alongside Asian-Style Grilled Tilapia.
This is a wonderful method to roast baby carrots! My DS & I loved it after I added about a tablespoon of brown sugar. My DH hated this recipe but he hates cumin so if you don't like cumin, I'd suggest making a different recipe! Easy to make, I recommend it with the addition of brown sugar to balance the flavors.