Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yummy! This is my own creation and everybody just loves them!! I like to make these on the grill in the warm weather months. When I do that, I reserve about 1/2 the marinade BEFORE marinating the meat, and use the reserved marinade to brush the ribs with while grilling........or I'll just make 2 batches of marinade, and use the second batch just for brushing while grilling. Prep time does NOT include marinating time.
- 2 lbs boneless pork spareribs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄3 cup light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄8 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, pineapple juice, light soy sauce, hoisin sauce, wine, vinegar, peanut butter, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, pepper and onions until well-blended.
- *If grilling, reserve about 1/2 of this mixture (BEFORE it touches raw meat!) for brushing meat while grilling OR double the marinade recipe for brushing during grilling*.
- Place spare ribs in a glass pan and coat with the sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes. Or grill for 10 to 15 minutes, turning ribs occasionally and brushing with the reserved marinade.
These were great...I did make a change though..I did these in my crockpot on low for about 6 hours. Hubby said it was "very good". This is a high compliment coming from someone who says everything is "ok". Definately will make again. Served with white rice but will probably serve with fried rice or noodles next time.
These were EXCELLENT!!!! I marinated them overnight in half of the marinade, then wrapped each half tightly in foil. I baked them in a 300Âº oven for 2 1/2 hours, took them out of their packets, then placed them in a foil-lined 13x9 pan. I kicked up the oven to 375Âº, poured the rest of the reserved marinade over them and baked them for another 10 minutes. They were so tender they fell off the bone!!! FANTASTIC flavor!!!! Will make again!!! Thanks so much!!! :)
DEEELICIOUS!!! The ribs got nice & caramelized & crispy on the grill. I doubled the marinade & had plenty to save on the side for basting. Great recipe!!! Thanks!!!