Recipe by Elizabeth H
This is a delicious way to get my family to eat lots of vegetables. It's great the next day (reheated or cold). I season the chicken prior to cooking with an Asian spice mixture I have (Singapore seasoning). If serving another day, add 1/2 -1 cup chicken broth with the teriyaki sauce so it won't get dry (I usually add some to any leftovers I have before putting it in the fridge).
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce (I prefer Soy-Veh brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, warm 1 teaspoon of oil on medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir fry until firm and opaque. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Reduce heat to medium, add green beans. Cover pan and cook for 7 minutes. Add red peppers, stir and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in teriyaki sauce and chicken. Heat to a simmer.
- Toss sauce with pasta and serve.