Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wanted something a little different for supper one night. Had some ground turkey, and some leftover teriyaki sauce, and this is what I came up with! The chili flakes gave it enough heat for me, but more can be added!! Amounts are estimated, as I don't measure when I'm "creating". lol
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes (or use real onion, I had none!)
- 1 (350 ml) jar teriyaki sauce (approximate, I can't remember amount in jar)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, julienned (or matchsticks)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar snap pea, cut into large pieces
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, sliced
- soy sauce
- salt or pepper
- Cook ground pepper in a pan or pot until browned. Add garlic & onion flakes.
- Add teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, ginger, chili flakes, soy sauce & salt & pepper. Stir.
- Add carrots & peas. Stir & allow them to cook slightly. Peppers can also be added at this point, but we like them very crisp, so we add them at the last minute - just to heat them through.
- Serve over whole wheat spaghetti.
Made this for dinner last night and it was very good! I used recipe#55859#55859 for the teriyaki sauce and used fresh onion (more because I love onion) and left some sliced and a little more minced garlic. Topped with sesame seeds and green onions. Put in my Favorites for 2010. Thank you!! Made for SPRING PAC 2010.