Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe I adopted. I think it looks good, but I have not yet tested it.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 dash red pepper, Crushed
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced on a diagonal cut (bias)
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3 ounces frozen snow pea pods (I would use fresh)
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, Broken
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- In a custard cup stir together 1/4 c water, soy sauce, cornstarch, and crushed red pepper.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or till thickened and bubbly, stirring every 30 seconds.(You can also just put this mixture in a saucepan and thicken it.).
- Saute carrot in a little oil over medium heat.
- Add snow peas and walnuts.
- Saute till the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add soy sauce mixture and serve immediately.
This is so easy to prepare and very tasty. Thanks for sharing!
This definitely deserves to be made more often. It's beautiful and delicious. Love those walnuts and garden fresh snow peas.